Friday 16 July 2010

Work Experience

This one is just a quicky. Yesterday was Kaity's birthday and tomorrow we're having a Mad Hatter's Tea Party/BBQ and Bonfire. It should be amazing if the weather permits. If the weather hates us, we'll still have an amazing time, it'll just have to be in doors.

Monday is the first day of my work experience. I'm kind of excited to be doing something with myself. I enjoy having things to do and seem to create jobs for myself. Since finishing university I have made things for myself to do so I feel like I'm still achieving something and not just bumming around. Being me I've created never ending lists of things to get done and slacked on certain tasks, but I find the more I give myself to do, the more I'll get done. When I have less to do, it becomes impossible to even reach the simplest of goals.

I hope I learn lots at the Pink Paper and they get me writing articles. It'll be weird being in the office from 10-6 five days a week and is definitely something I'm not used to but it'll be ace. By the end of it I should know if this is something I can see myself doing for the rest of my life as I apply for that journalism course.

Wednesday is my graduation, which is a little daunting. I'm looking forward to seeing the other philosophers and a couple of my tutors. Over the last couple of years my personal tutor has been absolutely fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new job! It's nice to know that you get to do something that you really like. I hope I can make a living out of writing too!

    W

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently returned from practicing karate...why am I still fighting at the age of fifty five, I must be mad.
    Now I'm thinking about the week ahead. I'll start it by wishing you the best of luck with your internship. I hope you find it interesting and fun and that you learn a lot.
    Regards,Peter

    ReplyDelete