Thursday 11 February 2010

Man Up Pennie


I've been thinking about my general approach to the world today. You see, I'm not a 'jump-in-with-both-feet' sort of girl and like to keep hold of the safety rail incase I need to get back out. I like to pretend that I don't care when in reality it's all I seem to be able to do. The problem with this approach is obvious - it's the difference between playing in a paddling pool and swimming in the ocean.

- Ok, yes. I am enjoying the water analogies.

What all this really brings me to, is that I need to man up. I don't want to look back at my life and just see all the things I didn't do 'cause I was scared - that's just a waste of a human. I want to see my adventures; the good, the bad and the dangerous.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, sure. But it would be foolish not to prepare yourself a paddling pool just in case you are drowning in the ocean.

    W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deffinately! Remember your life for the things you did, not what you nearly did x

    ReplyDelete